A Popular Favorite – Blonde Brownies
Of all of my recipes for desserts, which I love making, the one most often asked for is my Blonde Brownies. I have just found a wonderful baking pan made expressly for brownies. It is made by MasterClass and is called the “12 Hole Square Individual Pan”. It saves trying to cut the brownies evenly and without the crumbs.
How to Make Blonde Brownies
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2/3 Cup Salted Butter
- 2 Cups Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 Tsps Good Quality Vanilla
Optional: Chopped Walnuts and/or Chocolate Chips (12 oz)
- Whisk together in a bowl the flour, BP, & BS. Put aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in brown sugar. Pour into large bowl, or keep in saucepan and cool.
(It will look greasy, don’t worry)
- Mix in eggs thoroughly.
- Stir in flour and other dry ingredients plus any additions you want, such as chips.
- Grease the sections of the 12 Hole Square Individual Pan with Crisco butter spray.
- Fill the sections 3/4 full and bake at 360 until they start to pull aay from the sides and the center is set.
(You can stick a toothpick in the center and it should come out clean. About 20-25 minutes.)
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Note: After squishing butter into a measuring cup for years I finally discovered that 2/3 of a cup equals 10 2/3 tablespoons.